Philco Systems (PTY) LTD was established in May 1992. The company was established to fulfill a perceived opportunity and shortcoming in the process control automation disciplines in the local industry and to provide a high quality service to personal computer users.
To safely provide QUALITY service, backed by a professional support team, to industry in the following areas:
- Sales and technical support of the Rockwell Automation product line
- Turnkey projects of high tech process control solutions
- Modification and maintenance of existing software specifically in the PLC and SCADA arenas
- Implementation of networking solutions
- Project management in the above areas for both minor and major projects
- PC and peripheral supply and maintenance
- Software systems and applications
Philco Systems’ expertise lies specifically in these areas and the company has a staff compliment of approximately 50 dedicated and experienced employees.
- Richards Bay Minerals (Mining & Metals)
- RIO Tinto Madagascar (Mining & Metals)
- Hillside Aluminium (Metals)
- Sohar Aluminium (Metals)
- Qatar Aluminum (Metals)
- Island View Storage (Petro Chemical)
- Portnet (Transportation and Bulk Material Handling)
- Kynoch (Chemical)
- Transitional Council (Water)
- Eskom (Electricity Supply)
- SABS Coal Division (Analytical)
- Mozel Mozambique
Key Areas of Expertise
The following industrial sectors have provided the bulk of our design, engineering and implementation experience & services.
- Transport & bulk material handling
- Electricity supply
- Regional councils
The Philco Systems team consists of: Professional Engineers (BSc) in Automation; Senior Technologists; Automation & Electrical Technicians; a Design Team; E&I Construction teams, as well as Safety and Admin personnel.
Click here for more detailed information.